Start your kids Halloween morning off with a boo with Ghost Pancakes! These homemade pancakes have a cute holiday twist, with melted chocolate chip eyes and mouth. Don’t want to use chocolate? Use nut butter to draw on the eyes and mouth.
Yield: 4 pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) wheat bran
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp soy oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- Maple syrup
- Add flour, wheat, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Mid well
- In a separate bowl, stir together cottage cheese, eggs, milk, vanilla and soy oil.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well mixed. Add small amounts of milk if too thick.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Carefully pour pancake batter into a frying pan in the shape of a ghost.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Using melted chocolate chips, pour on eyes and mouth.
- Drizzle maple syrup over top, and enjoy!