Canadian Granola Bars
These Canadian Granola Bars are an easy and tasty snack for July 1! Add dried cranberries and a vanilla yogurt dip to really make this snack festive for the holiday!
Yield: 10 granola bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
• ½ cup large flake rolled oats
• 1 ¼ cup quick cooking oats
• ¼ cup wheat bran
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ½ cup soy butter
• ¼ cup liquid honey
• ¼ cup canola oil
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1 egg slightly beaten
• ½ cup dried cranberries
• 1 cup vanilla yogurt
• 2 teaspoons butter
• ½ cup icing sugar
Subscribe to our Good in Every Meal Newsletter to receive this Spiced Tofu and Bean Taco recipe!subscribe today!
- Prepare the pan: grease a 9” x 9” square baking pan OR line a 9” x 9” square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350o F.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy butter/peanut butter, honey, oil, vanilla and egg. Stir until well blended.
- To the soy butter mixture add the large flake rolled oats, quick-cooking oats, wheat bran and cinnamon. Stir until well combined. Stir in the dried blueberries and chopped pecans.
- Press into the prepared pan and bake at 350o F for 20 minutes.
- Allow squares to cool in the pan on a cooling rack. Once cooled, cut into squares or bars
- While cooling, make the yogurt dip by melting the butter on stovetop. Add to a mixing bowl.
- Add yogurt and sugar to melted butter- stir well until at a thick consistency.
- Dip cooled underside of granola bars into yogurt mixture.
- Place yogurt coated granola bars into the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Enjoy your Canadian Granola Bars with the family!
#TrainWithGrainsTip: Store leftover oat bars in the refrigerator.