It’s a good day when there are tacos on the menu. This high protein dish features tofu made from soybeans paired with black beans, chilli powder, red onions and feta cheese for a mouthwatering weeknight meal. Don’t let us “taco ’bout it”, try it tonight!
- 1 block of extra firm tofu- drained
- 1 ½ tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 can black beans- rinsed and drained
- ½ cup of diced tomato
- ½ cup of diced red onion
- ½ cup of corn
- A sprinkle cilantro
- A sprinkle of feta cheese
- Corn flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400C.
- Crumble tofu into a mixing bowl. Add chilli powder, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, cayenne, soy sauce and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Add to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tofu is golden brown. Turn tofu over halfway.
- Fill corn tortillas with tofu, black beans, tomatoes, onion, corn and sprinkle cilantro and feta cheese to taste on top.