These crispy, whole grain, baked crisps add super crunch to lunch and are perfect for dipping. Look for pitas made from whole grain whole wheat flour to boost the fibre and nutrient content of these crisps.
Yield: 2 servings (8 crisps)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
- 1 whole grain pita (6 inch), cut into 2 halves
- 1 tsp mild-flavoured oil, such as corn or soy
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Open the pita carefully so it does not tear.
- Brush the inside of each half with oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Cut each half of pita into 8 triangles using a knife or pizza cutter.
- Bake about 7 minutes, or until triangles are golden and crispy.
Nutrition facts (per 8 crisps): 120 calories, 4 g fat, 17 g carbohydrate, 5 g protein, 218 mg sodium, 2.5 g fibre.