In this unique version of hummus, traditional sesame seed tahini is replaced with the equally â€śnuttyâ€ť taste of soy butter. Bonus: itâ€™s now school-safe for classrooms where nuts and seeds are restricted!
- 19 oz. can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup silken tofu
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy butter (such as Wowbutter)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, add chickpeas, tofu, lemon juice, soy butter, oil, cumin, and garlic.
- Process until smooth.
- Add pepper, adjusting to taste.
- Serve with raw vegetables or whole grain crackers for dipping.
You can make wheat thin crackers at home too!
Nutrition Facts (per 1/3 cup serving):
6 g fat
20 g carbohydrate
7 g protein
150 mg sodium
4 g fibre
Watch the video here for step by step instructions!