Ontario wheat thins
Make your own Ontario wheat thins or crackers using Ontario wheat flour! Our Ontario wheat thins are a great snack for family gatherings, school lunches or dipped into hummus.
- 5 cups of Ontario whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of flavouring (optional – paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, or rosemary)
- additional salt for topping (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut butter into small pieces and mix in with your fingers until the dough has a smooth texture.
- Roll thin and cut into small squares.
- Prick each cracker with a fork and sprinkle salt if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 5-8 minutes or until brown and crisp.
- Serve with your favourite Ontario cheese and smoked meat for a great party platter to share with your family and friends during the long weekend!