Welcome spring with this fresh-tasting springtime salad with chicken, arugula, tomatoes, topped with croutons made from wheat, and drizzled with a healthy Asian- inspired dressing, made using soy sauce!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 (4-oz. or 113-gram) chicken breast cutlets
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 (5-oz. or 142-gram) package baby arugula
- ½ cup wheat croutons
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp sesame oil, or peanut oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine olive oil, rind, juice, and chicken cutlets; let stand 5 minutes.
- Put all dressing ingredients, except sesame oil, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil. Taste and adjust the seasonings according to taste. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat. Let stand for 2 minutes. Slice into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, arugula, chicken, and dressing, toss to combine. Top with wheat croutons. Serve and enjoy!