There are very few meals that are more comforting than a lasagna. This homemade lasagna recipe is beyond tasty and can be made easily in advance and reheated for a weeknight meal.
Yield: 12 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ lb. lean ground beef
- ½ lb. Italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 36 oz. pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Brown beef, sausage, onion and garlic over medium high heat until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in pasta sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Make Cheese Mixture by combining 1 ½ cups mozzarella, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, ricotta, parsley, and egg.
- Add 1 cup meat sauce to a 9×13 pan. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Layer with ⅓ of the Cheese Mixture and 1 cup of meat sauce. Repeat twice more. Finish with 3 noodles topped with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese (2 ½ cups mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup parmesan), and bake an additional 15 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Broil 2-3 minutes if desired.
- Rest 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Recipe from Spend with Pennies.