Try this simple and refreshing whole grain summer salad for a tasty side dish, light meal or addition to a potluck!
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes (to cook wheat berries)
- 2 cups cooked wheat berries
- ¾ cup diced carrots
- ¾ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup diced red and yellow bell peppers
- ¾ cup green peas (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Add wheat berries, carrots, onions, bell peppers and green peas to a medium sized bowl.
- Combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Toss salad until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
#TrainWithGrainsTip: This salad can also be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.