Peanut butter cookies are delicious and irresistible! These soft, chewy, and tasty cookies are a fond food memory for many of us.
Yield: 24 cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
- 1 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 18 by 13-inch baking sheets with silicone baking liners or parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined.
- Mix in peanut butter then blend in egg and vanilla. With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out and shape into balls (30 grams each or nearly 2 Tbsp) then place on baking sheets spacing them 2-inches apart.
- Using a long-pronged fork flatten cookies slightly then turn fork going opposite direction and flatten just slightly again (it should create that crisscross pattern).
- Bake cookies in preheated oven, one sheet at a time, for about 9 minutes (cookies will appear pale and slightly under-baked, they’ll continue to cook slightly as they cool).
- Let cool on baking sheet 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies and an airtight container.
Recipe from Cooking Classy.