Halloween Themed Pretzels Webs
We suggest making individual kits for each student to keep this activity safe for everyone. Depending on your classroom situation and your schools COVID protocol, this craft may not work for everyone.
You will need:
• Waxed paper cut in 20 cm/8 in diameter circles, one per student
• Pretzel sticks
• Vanilla/white candy coating/stiff icing (450 g/16 oz makes about 10 webs). Prepare candy coating or icing according to package directions before making individual kits.
• Halloween sprinkles
• Other decorations if desired, such as candy spiders or bugs
For each kit—place in individual bags (large Ziploc or a bread bag):
• 1 waxed paper circle
• 8 pretzel sticks
• ½ C (or more) of candy coating/icing in a sandwich bag (knot at the top or close with an elastic band). Students will pipe the coating after snipping off a corner of the bag to make a ½ cm/¼ in hole
• ½ C sprinkles in their own little bag
- Spread waxed paper circle out.
- Lay pretzel sticks on the circle in a web shape, with ends touching in the middle.
- Pipe a flat circle of candy coating/icing where the sticks meet, large enough to hold the sticks together.
- Start at the center to make a spiral across the pretzels to look like a spiderweb. Make several passes at the outer edge to help hold the web together and to give the sprinkles a place to stick.
- Carefully pour the sprinkles over the candy coating/icing at the outer edge.
- Add other candy decorations as desired before the webs dry.
- Allow to dry for several hours. Carefully peel them from the waxed paper or eat them directly from the paper
For the original design and instructions, please visit