Chex mix uses whatever mix of ingredients you have on hand and makes a quick DIY snack, that is perfect for nibbling on. This recipe uses the goodness of whole grains found in corn and wheat Chex cereal to make a tasty snack for whenever you’re feeling peckish!
Yield: 15 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 9 cups Chex cereal (corn, wheat or a combination)
- 3 cups pretzel sticks (or mini pretzels)
- 2 cups Goldfish crackers
- 1 cup whole roasted soy nuts
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Place unsalted butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in intervals, about 10 seconds, stirring between intervals, until fully melted, about 1 minute.
- Add the Chex, pretzels, Cheerios, and peanuts together in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, and gently stir a bit to combine.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt garlic powder, and onion powder together until combined.
- Drizzle half of the sauce evenly over the Chex mix. Then give the mix a gentle stir to combine.
- Repeat by drizzling the remaining sauce over the Chex mix, and stir again until combined.
- Microwave uncovered on high 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes.
- Spread the mix out on parchment paper or paper towels until it has cooled to room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!