Ways to eat whole grains today
Let’s spend 2020 getting #BackToGrainBasics and consuming more whole grains!
Do you find you’re struggling to eat more whole grains? Need suggestions on how to add them to your meal planning? Here’s a shortlist of whole-grain food items that you can include in your diet to help make 2020 a healthier year for you and your family.
- Breakfast: Try Oatmeal in a Jar, whole grain cereal, whole grain toast, whole grain bagels or oatmeal pancakes.
- Lunch: Enjoy your sandwiches on whole grain bread or wraps.
- Snacks: Homemade wheat thins, whole grain pretzels, Nut Free Soy Energy Bites are the perfect on the go snacks!
- Dinner: Enjoy whole grain rolls, try a barley salad, have brown rice instead of white rice, try whole grain pasta or add barley into your soups and stews.
- Dessert: Bake using whole grain flour and oatmeal.
There are hundreds of ways to incorporate healthy whole grains into your diet. Check out Good in Every Meal for great recipes using whole grains!