Nut-Free Soy Energy Bites are the perfect make-ahead snack that is high in protein and fibre thanks to the soy nut butter and oatmeal. Perfect to take to school, work and to get your kids into the kitchen baking!
- 1 cup oatmeal (large flake or quick-cooking)
- ½ cup soybutter (such as Wow Butter)
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- ¼ cup liquid honey
- ½ cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries or ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pumpkin seeds or ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix together soybutter, honey, and vanilla.
- Stir in all of the remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Shape into small balls (approximately 1″ in diameter).
- Makes 24 Energy Bites. Store them in a container in the refrigerator.
Watch #YourFarmers and registered dietitian, Lisa prepare these easy to make energy bites!