Holiday soybutter cheese ball
Day 2 of our #12DaysofHolidayGrains Countdown!
We’ve got the perfect mix of grains and dairy topped with your favourite holiday treat. With the holidays right around the corner, we’ve got you covered for holiday tips and treats! This take on a cheese ball loaded with sweets and goodness, you bet you’ll be asked to bring one to all your holiday parties.
What you’ll need
- 1/2 cup of softend butter
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of WOW! Soy Butter
- 1 package of cream cheese (look for the blue cow!)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- your choice of garnish – SKOR bites, Smarties, m&m’s, cranberries, chocolate chips.
How to make it
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter together until combined. Add in the cream cheese and soy butter and beat until their combined. Beat in the vanilla until combined.
- Stir in the chopped peanut butter cups (optional).
- Place the mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap. Bring up all the corners of the plastic wrap and wrap into a ball. Freeze the ball for about 1 1/2 hours or until it is firm enough to keep its shape.
- Press your choice of garnish into the cheese ball until it is fully covered.
- Place the ball on a serving dish, cover with plastic wrap and freeze the cheese ball for another 2 hours or overnight. If frozen overnight, thaw for 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Share and Enjoy, if you’d like.