Enjoy these savoury muffins with soups, stews, salads or chili!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp minced chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper and sugar. Stir in the minced chives.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour into muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Cool on a rack. Store muffins in an air-tight container.
Recipe makes 10 muffins
Nutritional Analysis (per muffin):
4 g of protein
28 g of carbuhydrate
1 g of fiber
5.6 gram of total fat
168 mg of sodium
Follow along with this easy recipe here: