Summertime pasta salad
This refreshing pasta salad features Italian dressing and fresh cut veggies. Bonus: make your own Italian dressing with our recipe below!
Yield: 3 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups whole wheat pasta (penne or bowties)
- 1 medium red onion (sliced in wedges)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- ½ cup green pepper (sliced in wedges)
- ½ cup red pepper (sliced in wedges)
- 1/2 cup avocado (cut in wedges)
- ½ grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- Cook pasta until soft, cool. Chop vegetables and mix into cooled pasta.
- Pour Italian Dressing over the entire salad.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.
BONUS! Italian Dressing dry mix:
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- Combine dry mix ingredients.
- Whisk together ¼ cup white vinegar, 2/3 cup corn oil, 2 tbsp water.
- Mix in 2 tbsp dry mix.