A Soybean Falafel Wrap is packed full of flavour and is high in protein thanks to the Ontario whole soybeans and whole wreath pita! Try it for dinner tonight.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup soybeans – drained and rinsed PC Blue Menu Soybeans
- 3 Cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 small Onion; chopped
- 3 tab Parsley; chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda; in 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg white
- 6 Pita breads; halved
- 4 tablespoon Sesame sauce
- Lettuce and tomato for garnish
- In a food processor, grind soybeans, garlic, onion, parsley, coriander, cumin, salt, baking soda and egg replacer or potato starch. Process until smooth.
- Form mixture into slightly flattened 1-1/2 inch balls, either by hand or with a small ice cream scoop. Slide into lightly oiled large nonstick pan (do not crowd). Cook over medium-high heat until brown, about 3 minutes. Turn balls; cook another 3 minutes.
- Serve 2 balls in pita pocket half spread with 1/2 tablespoon sesame sauce. Garnish with lettuce and tomato.