Basmati rice has distinct nutty flavours and floral aroma when cooking, and pairs very well with the creamy vanilla soy milk pudding. Try for dinner tonight!
Yield: 2 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cups vanilla soymilk
- 6 cups sliced or small cubed fruit: berries, melon, banana, kiwi, orange, pear
- 15 nuts, shelled and chopped
- Rinse rice well. Soak in cold water for 20 minutes then drain.
- Combine the rice, cinnamon stick and 2 cups vanilla soymilk in a pot. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until the soymilk has been absorbed. Add remaining 2 cups soymilk. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until milk has been absorbed.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Place cooked rice in a large bowl. Fold the fruit into the rice, garnish with nuts and serve immediately. Delicious hot or cold.