This soup packs a punch with its touch of heat and savoury flavours that are sure to comfort and warm your belly. Plus it looks and tastes delicious!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 ½ tbsp white miso paste
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ tbsp sriracha
- 1 398 ml can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 baby bok choy, cut into quarters
- 300 g soft tofu, cut into cubes
- Rice noodles, cooked
- Cilantro sprigs
- Extra sesame oil and sriracha mixture
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, combine broth, miso, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and green onions.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk.
- In a small bowl, stir together sesame oil and sriracha. Scrape into the pot and mix, just till combined.
- Add bok choy and tofu.
- Remove from heat and let stand until bok choy has softened slightly, about 5 minutes more.
- Ladle into bowls, (over cooked noodles, if using), top with cilantro sprigs, more sliced green onion.
Tip: For added spice, spoon additional sesame oil and sriracha mixture into bowls.