Chef Paul Lillakas shares his recipe for whole wheat parmesan thyme crackers. These delicious flatbread-style crackers pair perfectly with soft cheese.
Yield: about 30 crackers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two small or two regular sized baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, cheese and thyme. Mix well. Add oil and water; mix until a dough comes together. Transfer to lightly floured surface and knead, just until dough forms a ball, about 1 minute. Roll to a minimum 1/8 inch or 3 mm thickness. Using pizza cutter, slice into approximately1 x 2 inch rectangles. Transfer pieces to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Tip: if some crackers along edges cook more quickly, remove them and return others to oven until desired colour is achieved. Cool completely.
Find Chef Paul Lillakas on Instagram: @paullillakas