These sweet Mini Sugared Cinnamon Donuts are a nostalgic replica of mini donuts you can buy at fall fairs or midways! Simply cook and roll in a sugar and cinnamon mixture while still warm.
Yield: 25 mini donuts
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 – 12 minutes
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffins tins with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer beat together butter and ½ cup white sugar until smooth and creamy. Add 2 large eggs, beat together until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour and milk mixtures into the butter mixture. Stir until batter is smooth.
- Add batter into a piping bag or spoon mixture into muffin tin until ¾ full.
- How to create donut holes? There are different ways to create donut holes. You can either bake the donut batter into a muffin, then carve out the centres. Alternatively, fill the centre of each muffin tin with a greased marble or rolled up piece of tin foil and cut out after cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool and serve!