Cornmeal Raisin Breakfast Muffins are the perfect on the go breakfast for busy work or school mornings! Make these ahead of time and store in an airtight container for up to one week, or store in the freezer for up to one month. They are best served warm, with butter or a drizzle of honey!
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and raisins into a large bowl and whisk together.
- Combine egg, milk, and corn oil in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful to not overmix!
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin, filling each cup about halfway. Bake for 13-17 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Serve warm for an easy on the go breakfast!
- Store the cornbread muffins in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to one month.
#TrainWithGrainsTip: Be careful to not overmix the wet and dry ingredients in Step 4! You don’t want this muffin recipe to look like cake batter before cooked, or the cornbread muffins will turn out to be super crumbly and will fall apart. Stir wet and dry ingredients until just combined.