Celebrate Canada Day with our homemade oatmeal recipe!
Looking for ways to celebrate Canada Day with your family, with many festivals or events cancelled? Try making homemade oatmeal for breakfast, and keep things festive by topping the bowls with fresh-cut raspberries in the shape of our maple leaf.
Yield: 1 bowl
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
• 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup water
• Pinch of salt
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon maple syrup
• Handful of raspberries
- Bring milk and water to a boil in a saucepan on the stove.
- Reduce to low heat and add oats
- Cook until oats are soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes
- Stir in brown sugar, maple syrup and pinch of salt for taste!
- Arrange raspberries into shape of maple leaf on top of oatmeal.