We get it, it’s summer and no parent is ready to start thinking about back to school lunch prep. But, these tasty treats are perfect for summer snacks and a super easy way to introduce your child to the kitchen! Save this recipe for fall when students head back to school for an easy lunch snack made from the goodness of grains.
- 1 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup creamed honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup rice cereal
- 2 tbsp chopped berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium high.
- Add quick oats, stirring often, until browned, or roughly 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Stir unsalted butter, creamed honey and packed brown sugar in a large saucepan set over medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in oats, rice cereal, chopped berries and flax seeds until combined.
- Scrape into a greased 8√ó8-in. baking dish.
- Smooth top and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until at room temperature. Cut into bars and let stand at room temperature 5 min before serving. Refrigerate in a resealable container for up to 1 week