Looking for a tasty treat this fall? Try making this home-made apple crisp with oatmeal topping!
- 6 apples – peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toss apples with white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl to coat; pour into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, oats, flour, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a separate bowl. Use a pastry cutter or 2 forks to mash cold butter into the oats mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; spread over the apples to the edges of the baking dish. Pat the topping gently until even.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and sides are bubbling, about 40 minutes.