These nostalgic and simple corn dogs are perfect for kids (and adults!) to have as quick and tasty meal during the busy summer months. Don’t forget the mustard on top!
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 8 hot dogs or sausages of your choice
1. In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper, sugar, and baking powder; then mix in the egg and milk;
2. Preheat oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat;
3. Insert wooden skewers into the hot dogs; roll them in the batter until they are well coated;
4. Fry two or three corn dogs at a time until lightly browned, and drain them on paper towels.