Adobo and maple bacon stuffed cornbread is jam packed with flavours thanks to the adobo puree, maple bacon. Enjoy your individual cornbread with sour cream, lime and salt and pepper!
Yield: 24 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- Cornbread batter – 2L
- Adobo puree – 100g (blend canned chipotle peppers in adobe sauce)
- Maple bacon – 400g crispy chunks
- Vidalia onion – 50g
- Cilantro leaves – 10 pc
- Fresh tomato – 1 diced
- Sour cream – to taste
- Lime – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Garlic – 1 clove diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 24-piece mini muffin tin and fill with cornbread mix.
- Mix together adobo, crispy maple bacon, and garlic.
- In each muffin cup place a nice sized dollop of mixture and shake to even out.
- Place cornbread in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Test cornbread by poking a muffin with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean the bread is finished.
- Let cornbread rest to cool slightly, remove from tins.
- Top each individual cornbread with sour cream, diced onion, a cilantro leaf and diced tomato.
- Season with fresh lime juice, salt and pepper.