Sometimes you want a simple cookie that will be the perfect snack alongside a cup of coffee or tea or even a glass of milk. Oatmeal cranberry mini chip cookies fit the bill and are perfect to freeze to pack in lunches for the kids.
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all purpose wheat flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3 cups (750 mL) large flake oats
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to butter mixture and stir until combined. Add oats, cranberries and chocolate chips; stir until well distributed.
- Drop onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets by rounded tablespoonfuls and bake in a 350-degree oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool slightly on baking sheet; remove to a cooling rack. Let cool completely. Store in a sealed container to retain moistness.