Looking for a tasty treat to bring to that barbecue or picnic this summer? Try these Raspberry Oatmeal Bars made from delicious and nutritious Ontario oats!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-rolled oats
- Pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 12 ounces (approx.) raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil and cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, sugars, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, oats, optional salt, and stir to combine.
- Set 1 cup of mixture aside for the crumble topping.
- Put the remaining mixture in the prepared pan. Pack the mixture to create an even, flat crust.
- Evenly spread the raspberry preserves¬†over the¬†crust. Preserves should be 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thick.
- Sprinkle the 1 cup of crumble topping mixture onto the preserves.
- Bake for about 30 to 32 minutes or until edges are set and it is lightly golden browned.
- Allow to cool before serving.