Looking for a creamy and sweet addition to your morning coffee, smoothie or baking? Look no further than this recipe for Oat Milk, that only takes two ingredients.
We’ve shared lots of recipes that use oat milk as an ingredient but it is actually very easy to make your own! Oat milk has a sweet taste that adds a subtle note of something extra to your coffee, smoothie or baking. This milk keeps for about 5 days and can be stored in the freezer for up to a month.
Yield: 8 and 1/2 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup oats, rolled or steel cut
- 3 cups water (add up to 4 cups depending on desired consistency, the less water the creamier the oat milk)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a high-speed blender combine all ingredients. Cover with lid and blend on high for 30 seconds to a minute, until mixture is well combined, do not over blend.
- Taste the mixture and add additional ingredients if desired.
- Cover a large bowl with a clean T-shirt or thin towel and hold tight. Pour mixture over the shirt or towel and into the bowl. Strain twice if you find too many remnants came through the first time.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to a month. Shake well and enjoy cold, do not heat mixture.