Looking for a DIY craft, that is both useful and uses Ontario grains? Look no further than our Homemade Heating Pads that can be warmed up in the microwave!
- 3lbs of wheat berries, can be substituted for oatmeal or pearl/pot barley
- 1 cup Lavender flowers, optional
- 1 single piece fabric (18”x21”)
Family Grain Activities
Look for indoor craft ideas? Read our shortlist of family grain activities you can do with your family!Read More
- In a large bowl, combine the wheat berries and lavender flowers. Set aside.
- Fold the fabric in half, making sure the inside of the fabric is facing out and the pattern is on the inside.
- Fold the edge over on the long, open side, and pin.
- Use thread and sew across the long edge fold.
- Repeat step 3 & 4 with one on the short edges.
- Flip your new sac to the right side out. Ensure that you still have one end open!
- Pour in the wheat berries and lavender flower mixture.
- Fold the edges in on the open end.
- Pin and sew.
To use your homemade heating pads, simply heat in the microwave for the desired amount of time, no more than 3 minutes. Place onto the body, but ensure that the pads aren’t too hot, or they may cause burning.
#GrainGiftGuide: Homemade heating pads can also make a good gift for someone in your life? Once finished, place in a reusable wrapping and create a homemade card for an extra DIY touch!