Add pumpkin flavour to your fall baking!
It wouldn’t be fall without a bit of pumpkin flavour in your recipes! Try making Pumpkin bread using store-bought pumpkin puree or make your own with this easy to follow recipe from Chatelaine!
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 regular sized can pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Dash of ground ginger
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and grease one 8X4inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl mix together, pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, sugar and butter until well blended.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger, in a separate medium bowl until well blended.
- Stir dry ingredient mixture into wet ingredients, until just blended.
- Pour pumpkin bread batter into the prepared loaf pan, and place it in the preheated oven. Bake for 60 mins or until the centre is cooked, and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool pumpkin bread loaf on wire rack immediately after removing from the oven.
- Serve warm with a side of ice cream or whip cream!