One of the easiest ways to keep kids occupied in the nice weather is blowing bubbles outside. Luckily, this summer we have a Homemade Bubble Solution you can easily make at home with the entire family! Our recipe uses three ingredients: dish soap, corn syrup and warm water. Easy right? Did you know there is some confusion around high fructose corn syrup and our health? Corn syrup can get a bad rap for being bad for our bodies and causing obesity but there actually isn’t enough evidence to support that claim. Too much of any sugar isn’t good for our bodies- whether that sugar comes locally from Ontario’s grain corn or in the form of table sugar.
Try using dish soap, corn syrup and warm water to make Homemade Bubble Solution for you and your family to enjoy – and keep those kiddos occupied!
- 6 cups warm water
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups liquid dish soap*
- If you’re using an ultra-concentrated liquid, use only 1 ½ cups of soap.
- A large container with a lid
- Pour warm water in a container
- Add corn syrup and dish soap
- Stir the mixture gently so it doesn’t foam up
- Let solution cool before using
For the best results make the bubble solution the day before you plan on using it.