We know how hard it is to ensure you and your family are enjoying a healthy lifestyle that includes whole grains. Every Tuesday we will release a #TrainWithGrainsTip that will help you include whole grains into your healthy lifestyle.¬†
Students are heading back to school this week, and it can be hard to get back in the routine of things after a summer break. Here are some tips to help you prepare a healthy lunch for your kids:
- A balanced lunch includes whole grains, proteins, a few fruits, vegetables and a milk product. Think cheese and deli turkey stacked on whole wheat crackers with some local in season fruits and vegetables!
- If you already have it on hand, its easy to make a healthy lunch. Don‚Äôt forget to stock up on whole grains like breads, wraps and crackers ahead of time to quickly make those lunches!
- Stock your freezer with easy defrost items like sliced fruits, and quick to cook vegetables or these Nut Free Soy Energy Bites!
- Organize a snack drawer with non-perishables like; trail mix, soy nuts, raisins and whole grain cereals that can be grabbed in a hurry.
- Have a go-to lunch that can be quickly made by all ages. Think ham and cheese on a whole wheat pita and an apple with soy butter!