Ring in the New Year with this festive holiday cocktail! Add in the flavours of cranberry, and homemade rosemary simple syrup, for a refreshing whisky holiday cocktail.
Yield: 1 cocktail
Cook time (simple syrup): 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
This recipe if for adults over the age of 19. please enjoy responsibly.
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 rosemary sprigs
Cranberry Rosemary Cocktail
- 3 tbsp rye whisky
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon rosemary simple syrup
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- Add 1 large rosemary sprigs or several small sprigs to the boiling sugar water.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let steep (soak) for 20 minutes.
- In a cocktail shaker add cinnamon sticks, whisky, rosemary simple syrup and cranberry juice.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake until the cocktail shaker is frosty cold.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Wet rim of glass with water then roll in a saucer of granulated sugar to create the snowy effect. Or wet cranberries and roll in sugar.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig and a cinnamon stick and/ or with cocktail skewer of snowy cranberries.
This cocktail recipe was created by the mixologists at TropRockin