3 oatmeal beauty recipes
Oats have many internal health benefits, but they also can help to make you glow on the outside too! From our face to our body to our hair, check out these three oatmeal beauty recipes that you can make at home!
Did you know, oats are naturally great for our skin? Oats contain avenanthramides which are an antioxidant and anti- inflammatory compounds. These are naturally great for soothing dry rough skin and removing redness in your skin as well! These same compounds can help with hair loss and can help strength your hair follicles. With cold weather around the corner, look for a natural solution to your skin and hair troubles, that you can make at home.
Oatmeal beauty recipe: face mask
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp large flake oats
- In a blender, combine banana, honey and oats.
- Apply to face and neck area and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash off and pat skin dry.
Oatmeal beauty recipe: skin scrub
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp oil
- Using a blender, blend oatmeal into a powder, combine with other dry ingredients.
- Add oil to the mixture until it is a thick scrub NOT liquid.
- Stir mixture well and add into an airtight container
- Decorate and it’s ready to be gifted!
Oatmeal beauty recipe: hair mask
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- Soak oats in almond milk. Leave for 15 minutes or until oat flakes are creamy.
- Place oat/milk mixture in pot on stove. Bring to a low boil.
- Remove from heat, and strain the oatmeal out with a large strainer. Let the milk pour into a large bowl.
- Add milk mixture to a leave in conditioner or use as a hair mask prior to a shower.