Try these Barley Stuffed Peppers for an easy weeknight meal! Substitute the ground meat or colour of peppers to what your family prefers.Continue reading “Barley Stuffed Peppers”
Did you start off your 2019 New Year Resolutions vowing to eat healthier, but a few days in your still a little unsure on where to start? Don’t worry we’ve got some tips for you on how to get started on those healthier eating habits.Continue reading “How to eat healthier in 2019”
Looking for some last minute inspirations for festive foods? We’ve got you covered with suggestions for every meal that can be enjoyed by all ages below:Continue reading “Holiday Festive Food Guide”
Enjoy these savoury muffins with soups, stews, salads or chili!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp minced chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper and sugar. Stir in the minced chives.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour into muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Cool on a rack. Store muffins in an air-tight container.
Recipe makes 10 muffins
Nutritional Analysis (per muffin):
4 g of protein
28 g of carbuhydrate
1 g of fiber
5.6 gram of total fat
168 mg of sodium
Follow along with this easy recipe here:
In this unique version of hummus, traditional sesame seed tahini is replaced with the equally ‚Äúnutty‚ÄĚ taste of soy butter. Bonus: it‚Äôs now school-safe for classrooms where nuts and seeds are restricted!