Hush Puppies are a deep fried, side dish that is a staple in southern cuisine. It goes great with barbecue and seafood dishes and, tastes delicious as a home cooked comfort food!Continue reading “Ontario Hush Puppies”
Flatbread’s make the perfect appetizer and pizza base! Made from simple ingredients that include whole wheat flour and water, it’s not wonder flatbread’s have been a staple in human diets for 5,000 years.
In this recipe, there are two steps: Make our homemade flatbread, then top it with some of your favourite ingredients!Continue reading “Whole Wheat Flatbread”
Try these Barley Stuffed Peppers for an easy weeknight meal! Substitute the ground meat or colour of peppers to what your family prefers.Continue reading “Barley Stuffed Peppers”
Enjoy this salad along-side a green salad for lunch or as a side with dinner.¬† This salad packs perfectly to enjoy for lunch at school or work!
Enjoy these savoury muffins with soups, stews, salads or chili!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp minced chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper and sugar. Stir in the minced chives.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour into muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Cool on a rack. Store muffins in an air-tight container.
Recipe makes 10 muffins
Nutritional Analysis (per muffin):
4 g of protein
28 g of carbuhydrate
1 g of fiber
5.6 gram of total fat
168 mg of sodium
Follow along with this easy recipe here: